contact us

woman with phone headset on
new benefits claim

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction can help you meet the cost of your rent and Council Tax if you are on a low income.

The benefits are means tested and your level of capital and income, together with your circumstances, will affect the amount of help you may be entitled to.

In order that any benefit can be paid you need to complete a Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction claim form. However, you can find out if you might be entitled by using the online benefits calculator.

what to do next...

  • You can make your claim by completing our online claim form
  • If you would prefer, you can make your claim by printing off and completing the downloadable form below. Paper copies of this form can be requested by phone or by email or can be collected from the Council's Offices.
  • You need to make your claim straight away, as this will normally determine the date from which any benefit is awarded.  If you cannot do this, please contact us immediately to note your intention to claim.
  • So that we can deal with your application quickly you should provide the following information to support your claim (home visits can be arranged if required)
    • Proof of your / your partner's identity and National Insurance number
    • Proof of all your / your partner's income and savings
    • Proof of your rent if applicable
    • Proof of the income and savings of other people in your home

further information

You can collect a Housing and Council Tax Reduction claim form from Broadland District Council Offices  

related pages

backdating benefit claims

local housing allowance

parish/town councils and councillors

external links

benefits calculator

contact us

The Benefits Service
Broadland District Council
Thorpe Lodge
1 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich NR7 0DU
tel: 01603 430602 or 430603
fax: 01603 430531