new benefits claim
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction can help you meet the cost of your rent and Council Tax if you are on a low income.
The benefits are means tested and your level of capital and income, together with your circumstances, will affect the amount of help you may be entitled to.
In order that any benefit can be paid you need to complete a Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction claim form. However, you can find out if you might be entitled by using the online benefits calculator.
what to do next...
- You can make your claim by printing off and completing the downloadable form below. Paper copies of this form can be requested by phone or by email or can be collected from the Council's Offices.
- You need to make your claim straight away, as this will normally determine the date from which any benefit is awarded.
- So that we can deal with your application quickly you should provide the following information to support your claim. (Home visits can be arranged if required)
- Proof of your / your partner's identity and National Insurance number
- Proof of all your / your partner's income and savings
- Proof of your rent if applicable
- Proof of the income and savings of other people in your home
You can collect a Housing and Council Tax Benefit claim form from:
- Broadland District Council Offices
- Wherry Housing Association Offices
Our performance targets
- We aim to deal with all new claims within 18 days of receipt
- We aim to assess 96% of all new claims within 14 days of receiving all necessary information
|The Benefits Service|
Broadland District Council
1 Yarmouth Road
Thorpe St Andrew
Norwich NR7 0DU
|tel: 01603 430602 or 430603|
|fax: 01603 430531|